Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Wise Friend

Addi is a self-taught body artist.
Fortunately, I received some great words of wisdom from a childhood friend shortly after Ella was born. Her only words of advice in parenting were "buy washable crayons." I took that to mean not only crayons but markers as well. Even though Ella has never been one to stray far from her actual art project (i.e. she colors only where she should), we have continued to buy washable. Our little Addi-Bear marches to a different drummer, however. The first thing she does when she gets a hold of a pen, is to begin writing on herself - her legs, hands, arms, etc. We have washed several walls and floors after her creativity.
Thank you Nicki for the wise counsel.

5 comments:

Jana said...

I thought that she had been able to make those marks with her blackberry when I first looked at the photo.

Washable markers are definitely the way to go. And make sure not to read "A Bad Case of Stripes" to her to give her more ideas.

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Which is why whenever we buy anything in the creativity art supply area Tory has told me that it must be Crayola and only if it is labeled "The MOST Washable." Which is good since Ryker has high aspirations of becoming a tatto artist (meaning that he colors on other people too.)

Shellie said...

Jana,
I love that book, but yes, I think I will hold off on that one for a while.

Marcie said...

Haha! Love it. Thank goodness for washable markers :)

Dave and Candace said...

I love that advice . . . and wish I would have always had enough sense to do that . . . I'm much wiser now. I love the posts! It looks like you have been having a fun summer!