Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Get Out There!

Ella and Addi are loving the water this summer. Any time we can get them into a pool or lake is pure delight. Ella has found that she can swim without her life-jacket. These "kiddie pools" are perfect for her.





The second half of this weekend get-away was spent on Clear Lake. We rented a rowboat for a few hours and set out for adventure. Landon was very excited to share with his daughter the sport of fishing. Unfortunately the only thing that was caught and released was some lake grass.


Yes, we had a life-jacket for Addi, but she looked much like the Michelin Man when she was wearing it. She didn't like the fact that she couldn't move, so we took it off and were extremely cautious moving about the boat.



This picture is to illustrate to you why the lake is named Clear Lake. It is amazingly clear. If I were to learn to scuba dive, this would be one place on my list! The lake is up to 80 feet deep and crystal clear. The picture below is of a tree that existed on the valley floor prior to the lakes formation (3000 years ago - I always wonder how they come up with such dates . . . ). Now the tree is preserved in the cold water on the lake's floor. Notice how beautifully blue the water is; I highly recommend this vacation spot!

And finally, a shot of what surrounded the lake; this is why I love living in Oregon. We have everything from high mountain views to the ocean's coast-line just a short drive from our home.

4 comments:

Marcie said...

Oh that is so beautiful!! What a fun summer. :)

Jana said...

Way to make me jealous one more time that I don't live in Oregon. Looks like fun times on and in the water. That lake water really does look incredible. Much different than the waters of Rigby Lake. That is for certain.

Tory and Elizabeth said...

So I am feeling that I really need a vacation in Oregon. I need it REALLY bad.

Shellie said...

Come on over Buh! It's an open invitation! (But you better do it soon, your babies are getting bigger every day : ).