It’s a tradition for me and my girls to head up a local lambing barn in the spring. It’s fun to watch them get excited about things and they always get excited around animals. This particular barn is open to the public in the spring because that is when the lambs are born. And even though we have visited it for four years now, this was the first year that we actually saw a lamb born! Ella was able to understand what happened, and on the ride back home we talked about it. It went something like this:
Mom – “Ella, did you see that baby lamb come out of his mommy?”
Ella – “Ya.”
Mom – “What part of the baby lamb came out first?”
Ella – “The leg.”
Mom – “Do you know what part of you was born first?”
Ella – “My head.”
Mom – “How do you know that?”
Ella – “Because I felt it.”
Yes, Ella, I’m sure you did.

5 comments:
I love this story! There's not very many 5 year old's that can remembering feeling their birth! I love Ella and her cute personality! :)
Haha! That is too funny!
Forgive me for my first thought being grossed out by thinking of witnessing a live birth with my children, but then I remembered what you do, Shellie.
Even if Ella doesn't really remember feeling it, I'm sure you still do. :)
Wow...wow. Ella will always do well on tests if her memory stays that great.
Jana,
How right you are.
Post a Comment